Kym L. Pasqualini is a freelance writer and founder of Nation’s Missing Children Organization and National Center for Missing Adults.
“It has bot ten years since the Fresh York Times proclaimed it socially acceptable to meet your date on the Internet,” wrote Ann Friedman ter a 2013 article titled “Perils of Online Dating.” According to Friedman, one-third of America’s 90 million singles have used online dating services. While some find love, get married, and live gladfully everzwijn after, some have met with tragedy.
Robyn Gardner mysteriously vanishes while vacationing with man she met online
Maryland resident, Robyn Gardner remains missing after meeting Gary Giordano, 50, online. Robyn, 35, had met Giordano on an online dating webpagina, developing a friendship prior to hier disappearance on August Two, 2011, while vacationing te Aruba.
Robyn had considered Giordano a friend and even hier close friends knew of Giordano spil an acquaintance. Robyn accepted an invitation to travel to Aruba with Giordano where she mysteriously vanished while staying at the Wedergeboorte Aruba Resort & Gokhal ter Oranjestad. Hier family proceeds to despairingly search for answers.
When Giordano reported Robyn missing, he told authorities he had bot snorkeling with Robyn off Kind Beach on August Two. He explained he tapped on Robyn’s gam when he noticed the tide start to pull them out to sea and proceeded to come back to shore. Merienda on land, Giordano indicated he noticed Robyn wasgoed gone.
Weather reports indicate the waters off Zuigeling Beach on the southeast end of the island of Aruba, to be mild the day of Robyn’s disappearance.
When questioned by authorities, Giordano’s answers failed to add up and his lack of concern apparent when authorities arrested Giordano. While the search wasgoed ongoing, Giordano attempted to terugwedstrijd to the U.S. Police arrested at the airport.
Robyn’s friends and family all agree that Robyn would never go snorkeling. Robyn’s junior brother Andrew Colson told the Daily Mail, “She just wouldn’t want to ruin hier makeup or get hier hair moist.”
Two days after Robyn’s disappearance, Giordano contacted American Express (AMEX) regarding a $1.Five million life insurance voorkoop. Giordano had taken out an insurance policy with American Express Travel Insurance that would pay upon the “accidental death” of Robyn.
AMEX informed Giordano the policy wasgoed only te effect during the time they were ter Aruba and there had not bot a determination spil authorities were still ter the early stages of search efforts for a missing person.
Te June 2012, Giordano filed a suit ter the Cook County Circuit Court against Chicago based AMEX Assurance for $Trio.Five million due for failure to pay on Robyn’s life insurance voorwaarde. Robyn remains missing.
- Why did Giordano tell Robyn’s mother he would stay and assist with the search, then brusquely attempt to leave?
- Why did Robyn postbode a portentous message, “This gargles,” on hier Facebook wall at Two a.m. the day she vanished?
- Why did Giordano fail to vertoning any worry or emotion ter the days following Robyn’s disappearance?
- Why did Robyn’s Gmail account indicate she had bot online for two days following hier disappearance?
- Why did Giordano voeling AMEX on August 4th, only two days after Robyn’s disappearance and ask if the policy also covered search costs?
Witnesses that were approached by Giordano on the beach following Robyn’s alleged snorkeling accident report the following:
- One witness reported Giordano had a cut on his mouth similar to an injury one would sustain after being scraped by a fingernail.
- Another witness reports she eyed blood on the beach.
- Yet another witness reported she noticed Giordano wasgoed sweating when he told hier his gf wasgoed lost while snorkeling but the witness said his cut-offs were not humid.
Robyn’s disappearance remains a mystery and many questions raising suspicion of Giordano’s connection, remain unanswered. However, speculation points to Robyn Gardner spil one of many people who has fallen victim to an online predator.
Tragedy hits huis te Central Michigan – Murder of Leigh Swanson
On November 28, 2012, Midland County Sheriff announced Steven Fabo slok and killed himself spil deputies approached his huis to question him about the disappearance of Leigh Swanson.
Swanson, 45, had met a man on an online dating webpagina according to hier mother, Beverly Kane. Kane said hier daughter had voiced that she had a “bad feeling” prior to going on the date.