Many of us ter midlife are finding ourselves ter a situation wij never thought would toebijten to us . wij’re single again and venturing back into the world of dating. This time, however, it’s online rather than offline.
When I divorced and wasgoed ready to meet someone again I believed I’d meet the ‘old-fashioned’ way, through a friend. Well, that clearly wasn’t to be spil dinner party dates became fewer and further inbetween. Wasgoed a single, upbeat, midlife woman a bit of a liability? Wasgoed I seen spil a threat by the women, who didn’t want mij ‘flirting’ with their dudes? Wasgoed I far too free and blessed and unattached for the guys who feared mij ‘putting ideas’ ter their wives goes? So online dating it had to be!
Online dating is not for the faint-hearted! However, it can be a loterijlot of joy merienda you’ve established your rules of engagement!
- Take nothing personally. Truly.
- Have the right positive attitude before spending your time on dating websites.
- Be businesslike about it.
- Have joy and love the process.
- Take your time, don’t imagine you’ll find your life fucking partner after one connection.
- Be clear about what you’re looking for before you sign up — fling, friendship, long-term relationship.
- Be truthful — if you’re 53, say so, if you’re not into keeping gezond don’t say you’ve signed up for a half marathon!
- Ask lots of questions from the lighthearted to the more profound.
- Don’t get disillusioned after a handful of dud dates.
- Know your values and what’s significant to you.
- Be open-minded.
- Be sensible and safe.
With so many people of our generation turning to online dating to meet a fresh playmate how do you write a profile that will stand out from the crowd? How do you create an irreprimible dating profile?
Those were the questions I had when I wasgoed online dating. So I determined to work with a friend to craft my very own incontenible dating profile. it worked and I’m now almost three years into a relationship with a wonderful man who loved my profile!
Create a Username that grabs attention, don’t be lazy and use your initials followed by a handful of numbers! One of mine wasgoed Silver Pixie — it’s playful, cheeky and also lets people know I love my cropped silver hair . it’s showcasing a bit of my personality right from the beginning.
Write a headline that acts spil a hook. it might be a quote from a dearest speelfilm or book or it might be the very first half of a sentence . you want to write something that leaves the reader wanting to find out more . one of mine began, ‘Pssst, pull up a chair let mij tell you a story about words . about finding them and ultimately about banishing them’
‘Voorstelling don’t tell’ te your profile summary. it’s effortless to write a list adjectives that describe you or to list things you like to do on a Sunday afternoon . that’s boring and yet it’s what the majority of people write te their online dating profiles. how many times have you read, ‘love walks ter the countryside, love curling up with a bottle of wine and a good filmrolletje, have a superb sense of humor . BORING! It’s effortless to stand out from the crowd if you take some time and create a snapshot of your life, for example write about one ogenblik from your life that represents a turning point of some sort. It can be funny or serious. It’ll be good if it showcased a petite victory, or growth ter insight, wisdom or self-awareness.
The extras that make all the difference — requirements for what you include te your dating profile vary from webpagina to webpagina so here are some extras that you can weave te to make your profile shine:
- Five things I could not do without — and I’m not talking about world peace or and your children. I’m talking about your dearest lipstick, the pair of boots that you always feel awesome wearing, your iPhone/laptop, a selection of photos, the weird keyring your daughter bought you . you get the idea . it gives a little insight into your world.
- Spectacular photographs — that voorstelling you ter activity, relaxed, liking life . hire a photographer if you’re serious, NO selfies!
- What I’m looking for. not spil ter a shopping list of requirements but again an insight into your values and a snapshot into your life . here’s one I wrote . I imagine myself with a man who has a superb zest for life, a wise soul with a bold outlook on life. I imagine moments with him to be packed with laughter and passion.
Can you see how this will make a difference and enhance your online presence?