Militar Motors (GM) uses Bluetooth technology te many of its fresh vehicles. Because the delivery at the dealership can sometimes be breathtaking, the pairing process of a Bluetooth enabled cell phone may sometimes be overlooked, or, if the salesperson did explain it, forgotten. GM has developed a quick reference guide for pairing and using your Bluetooth cell phone with your fresh voertuig.
To utilize the Bluetooth Feature te your voertuig, you will need to use two Steering Wheel Control Buttons. Thesis two buttons are spil goes after:
- Steering Wheel Control – Thrust to talk, Phone off hook (SWC-PTT): This button is the one that will be used most often. It is used to inject Voice Recognition Menus, Reaction Incoming Calls and Transfer Calls te to the Voertuig. To invoke this button when not already ter a call, you need to press and hold it for Two seconds. A quick shove will only mute the radiodifusión.
- Steering Wheel Control – End, Phone on hook (SWC-END): This button is used to reject incoming calls (either while ter a call or not). Te addition, this button can be used to end a current call.
- The Bluetooth Functionality described ter this guide is available while the vehcile is ter On or Accessory Mode.
- The Voice Recognition System Utilizes a “Listening Tone” to help increase the accuracy of the voice recognition system. After the system prompts you for information or a instruction, it will play a brief tone.
- Te order to utilize the Bluetooth system te the voertuig, a Bluetooth tooled cellular phone is required. Based on the phone manufacturers implementation, not all phones will support all functionality. Not all phones are assured to work with the voertuig’s Bluetooth system.
- The Gen 8 OnStar system uses a weighting scale to determine VR accuracy. If the weighting of your response has a high enough accuracy, it will not ask you to confirm the response. if the accuracy is lower, it will ask you for confirmation or ask you to repeat yourself. This may cause the systme to react differently under what seems to be the precies same conditions.